On our mission to bring tasty, safe and sustainable cultivated meat to the world, we are looking for a passionate Lead Scientist with previous experience in cell culture media development. As our lead media development scientist, your mission will be to develop and optimize, in close collaboration with our bioprocess team, performant, cost-efficient and food-compatible cell culture media.
What you will be doing
- Develop a metabolomic analytical pipeline to analyze spent media.
- Determine critical components for high cell density and viability based on spent media analysis.
- Design and run experiments, including spent media analysis, to improve performance and reduce the cost of our cell culture media.
- Assess and communicate all findings for the progression - you will make the decisions on what comes next.
- Establish and nurture relevant partnerships with external stakeholders (eg. ingredient suppliers, media development companies, media suppliers, etc.) to achieve our goals.
- Summarize and communicate experiments results in meetings, presentations and written reports.
- Passionate about GOURMEY’s mission to bring to market delicious and sustainable foods through innovation.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or Molecular biology or 5+ years of experience in the biotech industry as a scientist or engineer.
- Proficient and hands-on experience on:
- Development of cell culture media formulations and high-throughput screening methodologies.
- Animal cell culture.
- DoE and statistical analysis, including softwares.
- Ability to operate laboratory equipment at various levels and familiarity with biological, analytical amp; quantification methods such as qPCR, ELISA, NMR and mass spectrometry.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken. We are an international team, no need to speak French!
- Comfortable with the Google suite + Pack Office, experience with statistical software like JMP, Minitab, Simca, etc. is desirable.
- Enthusiastic, with a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. A positive, can-do attitude.
- A competitive salary and participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan).
- Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast-growing startup, building the future of food through cutting-edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth.
- A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs located in the very heart of Paris.