- Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and want to rapidly grow a new business with a proven market fit?
- Do you want to work in a stimulating environment with smart, agile and dedicated people?
- Are you passionate about helping businesses harness the power of data and AI?
If so, this is the opportunity for you!
Singulier is looking for an experienced and motivated entrepreneur to lead Graphite, our Data Transformation unit. Graphite (website here) was founded in 2022 as the Data Transformation business of the Singulier group. We have had great success in our initial offer now we are looking for an experienced entrepreneur with deep sales experience to scale this business
Location: Paris (must be in the office 3-4 days per week)
About Singulier Group
Singulier provides strategic and transformation support for private equity/investment funds and established companies. We collaborate with our clients to establish task forces that can perform strategic digital operations resulting in rapid and sustainable impact. We create meaningful value by leveraging our deep expertise in digital, data, and technology to serve forward-thinking ventures.
Our diverse team of approximately 80 professionals based in London, Paris amp; Munich is divided into two groups: technical experts (including data engineers, digital media experts, and UX experts), and digital strategy consultants. Our members are graduates of the best business and engineering schools and possess extensive experience in the field. Founded in 2017, we have grown rapidly and are currently expanding to Germany.
What You’ll Do
This role will work with our talented Graphite CTO and a team of talented Data Engineers and Data Product Owners to lead Graphite, Singulier’s Data Transformation Unit. Graphite currently offers three primary services:
- Developing Data and AI Strategy
- Building amp; Operating Modern Data Platforms
- Building Custom Data amp; AI Solutions
As General Manager, this role will be responsible for developing the strategy, ensuring topline growth, managing projects and client relationships, building a team, and collaborating closely with the rest of Singulier to ensure delivery of great client work.
This role sits on the Group Leadership team and participates in the development of the Group strategy.
Strategy and Offer Development
- Work in close partnership with the Graphite CTO to design and execute strategy plans to drive business growth, expend market presence, and achieve revenue targets
- Develop Graphite product offerings, incorporating best practices, client needs, and emerging trends
- Actively and quickly scale the Graphite data transformation business.
- Work with Singulier Partners to meet and exceed annual sales and revenue targets, including developing proposals and pitching. Ensure that Partners across geographies are fully aware of Graphite data transformation offers and empowered to sell.
- Identify new business opportunities, cultivate relationships with potential amp; existing clients, and lead the sales process for Graphite direct sales from prospecting to contract negotiation
- Support Singulier Partners to sell data transformation work as part of the broader Singulier group offering
- Manage the Graphite brand and work with the Singulier marketing team on relevant marketing materials
- Ensure the successful on-time delivery of Singulier data transformation projects, both Graphite standalone projects and projects completed in collaboration with Singuiler strategy. Ensure consistent high client satisfaction
- Ensure that strategy consulting teams have capabilities to support delivery of data transformation projects, including tools and methodologies to conduct a data maturity assessment
- Collaborate very closely with the VP Product amp; Tech to develop common offering and delivery models
- Work with the Graphite CTO to lead and inspire a small team of data product owners and engineers. This includes hiring, training, performance management and fostering a collaborative and high-performance work culture
- Collaborate closely with the Group Leadership team to drive the overall Singulier strategy
- Complete a workforce plan and ensure that you have the team necessary to scale the business, working carefully to manage profitable growth
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA or Engineering Degree highly preferred
- At least 10 years’ entrepreneurial business experience, including experiencescaling a business
- Strong spirit of collaboration and demonstrated experience working with other business units
- Experience working with data transformation
- Experience working with C-suite executives (e.g. CPOs, CEOs)
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication amp; interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership amp; team management skills
- Ability to analyse complex data and make informed decisions.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and initiative with a great capacity to work in a team.
- Fluent in English
- Must be available to come to the office in Paris at least 3 days per week
Highly Recommended Skills and Experience:
- Consulting experience
- Deep understanding of data transformation
- French language skills highly preferred
- An international background and the ability to grow and be successful in multicultural organisations.